The proximity of Bethesda to Washington, D.C. and the DC metropolitan area’s primary economic centers make Bethesda a highly coveted market for high-end residential real estate. But despite its prestigious allure and abundance of urban conveniences, this area preserves a laid-back, small-town vibe. It features a diverse range of residential properties, including traditional single-family homes and contemporary condo and apartment units. The housing stock is also versatile when it comes to the age and provenance of the homes, featuring beautifully preserved and restored historic estates, as well as newly-built houses and condos.
Bethesda is a desirable community with an established urban character. Located in southern Montgomery County, Maryland, it is an ideal location near Washington, D.C., as well as major cities and popular destinations in Maryland and Virginia.
As a major urban destination in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, Bethesda benefits from convenient highway access. Its western border runs along the Capital Beltway (Interstate 495). Other highways that travel through this CDP include Maryland Route 190, MD 188, MD 191 (Bradley Boulevard), Old Georgetown Road (MD 187), and MD 355.
The great thing about Bethesda is that it maintains a small-town feel despite its welcome urban conveniences. The bustling downtown area is surrounded by gorgeous and easily walkable residential neighborhoods.
Bethesda began growing from a land grant awarded to Henry Darnall in 1694. Tobacco farming was the primary economic activity during the area’s first century. In the early 1800s, the development of the Washington and Rockville Turnpike (now the Maryland State Route 355) spurred commercial development in the area, attracting a small settlement. Between the late 19th century and early 20th century, the establishment of rail lines sparked further population growth and suburbanization for Bethesda.
Bethesda Homes for Sale
Real estate buyers will find an impressive range of properties to choose from in Bethesda. The selection of available homes includes large and spacious single family homes, luxurious multi-million-dollar luxury properties, and convenience-oriented condos and apartments.
Luxurious mansions and estate homes are the cream of the crop in this high-end housing stock. Built with living spaces as large as 18,000 square feet and with 5 to 7 bedrooms, these mansions are even more desirable when you consider the abundance of outdoor space that comes with the property. Sprawling, verdant lawns complement the lavish interior spaces of Bethesda homes in the best way, making private rest and relaxation as welcome outside as it is inside the resident’s home.
Property styles in Bethesda include traditional ranch-style constructions, as well as variations of the split-level style. While some of the most coveted properties here are preserved and historic Colonial and Cape Cod homes that date back to the 18th century, homebuyers who prefer more contemporary styles can also find plenty of new construction homes in this market.
See thehere on our website. You can also to explore your target listings from the comfort of your own home.
Life in Bethesda, MD
- Bethesda residents are zoned to the Montgomery County Public Schools system, which is Maryland’s largest public school district with 208 schools under its jurisdiction. Families also have a fine selection of private schools to choose from in the area.
- For higher education, Bethesda students can pursue an education leading to a career in the military and public health through the local Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Of course, because of Bethesda’s proximity and accessibility to other parts of the Washington, D.C. metro, other exceptional higher learning institutions like Georgetown University in D.C. as well as several other universities.
- Whether you are looking to break a sweat or simply take in some fresh air while unwinding, a hike or bike ride along Capital Crescent Trail promises to rejuvenate you. Accessible from Downtown Bethesda, this paved trail stretches from Georgetown in Washington, D.C. to Silver Spring in Maryland, giving you plenty of ground to cover whichever direction you choose to go.
- Avid shoppers often find their way toward Bethesda Row, best-known retail and recreational center down county.
- Fans of arts and culture will find a lot to love about Bethesda’s local destinations, from concert and performance venues like The Music Center at Strathmore and the Roundhouse Theatre to entertaining dining spots like the Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club. You also have options like the free, self-guided Bethesda Art Walk if you prefer to avoid crowds.
Discover the home that you have always dreamed of in Bethesda, MD. Work with the expert local real estate agents at Theo &Partners to get outstanding professional services, from exploring the latest listings to closing on the best deal.
Theo & Partners is a top-notch real estate firm affiliated with TTR Sotheby’s International Realty. Comprising seasoned real estate agents with keen knowledge in the fields of architecture, interior design, and construction, this team adds value to home sellers’ and buyers’ experiences at no additional cost.
To find out why clients have been raving about Theo & Partners,. Better yet, start a conversation with one of our expert realtors by calling . You may also inquire via email at .
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.